Đáp án đề thi môn tiếng anh vào lớp 10 -Nam Định năm 2012
Đáp án đề thi môn tiếng anh cNam Định năm 2012 sẽ được cập nhật sớm nhất tại link này
Mời các bạn tham khảo đề thi thử-đáp án môn tiếng anh Nam Định năm 2o12
I. Choose the correct word, phrase or utterance (A, B, C, or D) to fill in the blank space: (2.5pts)
1. Minh couldn’t play the last match ___________________he had a broken leg.
A. and B. but C. although D. because
2. It seems she is __________________something under the sofa.
A. looking for B. going on C. turning off D. taking off
3. Andrew is flying to Sacramento, _________________is the capital of California.
A. who B. that C. which D. whose
4. My ___________________is playing tennis and collecting coins.
A. work B. hobby C. free time D. duty
5. It may rain. Don’t forget to bring __________________a raincoat.
A. with B. into C. over D. along
6. The teacher suggested that all of us ____________________participate in the competition.
A. might B. would C. should D. could
7. My Dad is ___________________. I’m so proud of him.
A. terrible B. terrified C. terrific D. terrifying
8. People often ___________________the housework when Tet is drawing near.
A. give B. make C. cause D. do
9. “Shall we eat out this evening?” – “ _______________________”
A. Yes, we shall B. How do you do?
C. Yes, let’s! D. You’re welcome.
10. “_________________________” – “It’s nice of you to say so!”
A. We have no other choices. B. What you did was inexcusable.
C. I’d like to stop you doing so. D. That’s a great achievement you’ve made!
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that needs correcting: (0.5pt)
11. The amazed thing about the celebration is the number of people who attend it.
A B C D
12. The tsunami in Japan on March caused severe loss of lives and heavy damage to it.
A B C D
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the passage: (1.5pt)
Burns Night is a famous Scottish celebration which is held on 25th January. It is the (13)____________________of the birth of the man who is (14)__________________Scotland’s great national poet. His name is Robert Burns and he lived in the second half of the 18th century. Burns Night usually (15)____________________of an evening meal that features traditional Scottish dishes. The most important part of the meal is ‘haggis’ – a dish made from sheep’s organs (16)____________________with potatoes and swede. People who attend Burns Night sing traditional Scottish songs. A famous song (17)___________________knows is ‘Auld Lang Syne’. It is about remembering the good times in the past. It was Robert Burns who wrote the words, and it is now the best (18)____________________traditional Scottish song.
13. A. birthday B. ceremony C. anniversary D. holiday
14. A. considered B. meant C. regarded D. thought
15. A. comprises B. makes C. composes D. consists
16. A. tasted B. served C. drunk D. taken
17. A. everybody B. nobody C. anybody D. somebody
18. A. used B. sung C. known D. prepared
IV. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow are True or False: (1.0pt)
Nowadays, many families are worried about their water bills. Some of the bills are enormous. In fact, they can save their money if they try to reduce the amount of water their families use. There are some easy ways to do this. First, get a plumber to make sure there are no cracks in the pipes. Second, do not use baths because they use twice as much water as showers; take showers instead. And last but not least, remember to turn off the faucets since a dripping faucet can waste up to 500 liters of water a month. By doing these things, we can both save our own money and save water for future generations.
19. Some families pay a lot of money for their water use.
20. A plumber checks if people in the family take showers.
21. Dripping faucets contribute to the waste of water.
22. Future generations will not need to use water.
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence: (1.5pt)
23. ____________________is one of his admirable characteristics. (Generous)
24. The volcanic ____________________killed hundreds of people. (erupt)
25. According to the weather forecast, it’ll be a ____________________day tomorrow. (rain)
26. There was no ___________________that the tsunami would come about. (predict)
27. Do you think that this machine will work ___________________? (effect)
28. I am __________________many people have done wrong things to spoil the area. (disappoint)
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentence: (1.0pt)
29. They say in the forecast that there ____________________a little rain tomorrow afternoon. (be)
30. I suggest ____________________the class uniform at the contest. (wear)
31. His mother will be surprised if he _____________________up his room. (tidy)
32. My friend ______________________TV when I came to see him yesterday afternoon. (watch)
VII. Rewrite each sentence so that it means almost the same as the one printed before it: (2.0pts)
- She is an efficient worker.
She works ___________________________________________________________
- Mary is quite clever, but she is a lazy student.
- He passed the test with good scores. It is a surprise!
We are ______________________________________________________________
- Mai is a responsible girl; she takes good care of her room.
Mai, who ____________________________________________________________