ĐỀ THI VÀO LỚP 10 MÔN TIẾNG ANH NĂM 2014 TỈNH BẮC GIANG
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others. (1 pt)
1. A. who B. what C. why D. where
2. A. car B. comic C. city D. campus
3. A. time B. like C. mine D. thing
4. A. enjoyed B. invited C. opened D. called
II. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D to complete the sentences. (2 pts)
1. The man ______ is talking with Maryam is my brother.
A. what B. whom C. which D. who
2. She is really interested in having a Tet holiday inVietnam, ______?
A. is she B. isn’t she C. does she D. doesn’t she
3. My mother asked me ______ TV too much.
A. not to watching B. did not watch C. not to watch D. to not watch
4. “Would you like some orange juice, Linh?” – “______.”
A. Yes, please B. I’m very thirsty C. Yes, I would D. Yes, I do
5. Tuan often ______ part in different charity activities in his hometown.
A. takes B. does C. makes D. has
6. She did not turn ______ the faucet when she left for work.
A. on B. in C. up D. off
7. A new hospital ______ here next month.
A. was built B. will build C. will be built D. is built
8. ______ many households use energy-saving light bulbs, their electricity bill is still enormous.
A. Since B. Although C. When D. If
III. Give the correct tense/ form of verb in the brackets. (1 pt)
1. Euro 2012 (start) ______ inUkraine andPoland last week.
2. My mother (work) ______ for this company for more than 10 years.
3. When I came, they (talk) ______ happily about the class meeting.
4. I wish I (have) ______ time to go on holiday now.
IV. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the words in capital letters. (1 pt)
1. Minh Hang won the highest prize in a dancing ______ last week. (COMPETE)
2. If we go on littering, the environment will become ______ polluted. (SERIOUS)
3. Banh Chung is a ______ dish at Tet inVietnam. (tradition)
4. Nowadays, ______ are usually able to predict volcanic eruption in advance. (SCIENCE)
V. Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word from the box to complete the passage. (1 pt)
Cristiano Ronaldo was (1) ______ on February 5th 1985. He is a Portuguese footballer who plays for Real Madrid and is the captain of the Portuguese national team. Ronaldo became the most expensive footballer in history after (2) ______ from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2009. On May 13th 2012, Ronaldo scored againstMallorca, (3) ______ made him the first player ever to score against every team in a single season in La Liga. He finished the season with 60 goals and became the highest goalscorer in a season in the history of Real Madrid.
Scoring 2 goals in the match against Hollandon June 18th 2012, Ronaldo helpedPortugal advance to the quarter-final (4) ______ Euro 2012.
VI. Read the passage carefully then answer the questions. (2 pts)
The Lim Festival, where Quan Ho, the special folk songs are performed, is organized in Lim village located 18 km from Hanoi. It takes place every year on the 13th day of the 1st lunar month. Thousands of visitors come here to enjoy the dialogue performances between ”lien anh” and “lien chi”, the country’s most skilled Quan Ho singers. These are male and female farmers who sing different types of songs in the pagodas, on the hills, and in the boats. Besides this, visitors can come to the Lim Festival to enjoy the weaving competition of the Noi Due girls. They weave and sing Quan Ho songs at the same time.
The Lim Festival is a special cultural activity in the North. The festival celebrates the “Quan Ho” folk song which has become a part of the national culture and a typical folk song that is well loved in the Red River Delta region.
On February 3rd 2012, the Lim Festival made a record with the largest number of people wearing the Quan Ho costume and singing the same folk songs (2,012 Quan Ho singers).
1. Is Lim village in the north ofVietnam?
2. When does the Lim Festival take place?
3. Who are “lien anh” and “lien chi”?
4. Why was the Lim Festival 2012 special?
VII. Rewrite the sentences so that it means the same as the first one, beginning with the given words. (1 pt)
1. “Do you live in Bac Giang city, Lien?” asked Binh.
ð Binh asked Lien _______________________________________________________.
2. My grandmother often told us fairy stories when we were small.
ð My grandmother used ___________________________________________________.
3. Let’s go to the water park for a change on the weekend.
ð I suggest _____________________________________________________________.
4. They have bought some English books.
ð Some English books ____________________________________________________.
VIII. Use the words and phrases provided to make meaningful sentences. (1 pt)
1. Hung / go / school / on time / if / had / alarm clock.
2. It / be / necessary / protect / environment.
3. They / not see / each other / since / they / leave / school.
4. mother / enjoy / watch / films / which / from /Korea.
——————– HẾT ——————–
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ THI VÀO LỚP 10 MÔN TIẾNG ANH NĂM 2014 TỈNH BẮC GIANG
I. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. A. who 2. C. city 3. D. thing 4. B. invited
II. (2 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. D. who
2. B. isn’t she
3. C. not to watch
4. A. Yes, please
5. A. takes
6. D. off
7. C. will be built
8. B. Although
III. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. started 2. has worked / has wrought / has been working
3. were talking 4. had
IV. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. competition 2. seriously 3. traditional 4. scientists
V. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. born 2. moving 3. which 4. of
VI. (2 điểm) – 0.5 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. Yes, it is./ Yes. Lim village is in the north ofVietnam.
2. – (It/ The Lim Festival takes place) (every year) on the 13th day of the 1st lunar month.
- (It is/ It’s) on the 13th day of the 1st lunar month (every year).
3. (They/ “lien anh” and “lien chi” are) male and female farmers./ farmers who sing different types of songs in the pagodas, on the hills, and in the boats./ the country’s most skilled Quan Ho singers./ Quan Ho singers.
4. – (It/ The Lim Festival 2012 was special) Because it/ the Lim Festival made a record with the largest number of people wearing the Quan Ho costume and singing the same folk songs (2,012 Quan Ho singers).
- Because there were 2,012 Quan Ho singers wearing the Quan Ho costume and singing the same folk songs.
- Because the largest number of people/ 2,012 Quan Ho singers wore the Quan Ho costume and sang the same folk songs.
- Because of (a record with) the largest number of people wearing the Quan Ho costume and singing the same folk songs (2,012 Quan Ho singers).
VII. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. Binh asked Lien if/ whether she/ he lived in Bac Giang city.
2. My grandmother used to tell us fairy stories when we were small.
3. - I suggest going to the water park for a change on the weekend.
– I suggest (that) we (should) go to the water park for a change on the weekend.
4. Some English books have been bought (by them).
VIII. (1 điểm) – 0.25 điểm cho mỗi câu trả lời đúng.
1. Hung would/ could go to school on time if he/ she had an alarm clock.
2. It is (very) necessary to protect the/ our environment.
3. They have not/ haven’t seen each other since they left school.
4. My/ His/ Her/ Our/ Their/ The mother enjoys watching (the) films which are/ come fromKorea.
Bài cùng chuyên mục
Nội dung đang được quan tâm nhiều nhất trên Diemthilop10.com