Đề thi chuyên vào lớp 10 Chu Văn An
I. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the sentences (2 marks)
1. His house has been sold ______ $ 1,000,000.
A. at B. for C. in D. with
2. Bread is usually ______ wheat.
A. made of B. made with C. made by D. made from
3. Peter, can I ______ you a drink?
A. buy for B. buy to C. buy D. invite
4. It isn’t quite ______ that they will come to our party.
A. sure B. exact C. certain D. right
5. ______ goes to the bus; now we will have to walk home.
A. On time B. At once C. There D. Early
6. Don’t hurry! There is no need ______.
A. running B. to run C. run D. you run
7. Mike had hoped ______ his letter.
A. her to answer B. that she answer
C. that she would answer D. her answering
8. Please write your answers ______ ink.
A. in B. with C. of D. by
9. Peter was not feeling well, so we gave him ______ to do than you.
A. fewer work B. less work C. little work D. least work
10. He spent half a year ______ this house.
A. to build B. building C. built D. on building
11. Will you ______ the door open?
A. leave B. allow C. permit D. give
12. What food should you eat if you want to ______ on weight?
A. take B. get C. put D. carry
13. It is a ______ skirt.
A. French cotton flowered B. cotton French flowered
C. flowered cotton French D. flowered French cotton
14. Do you know the beautiful girl ______?
A. sit in the car B. sat in the car
C. sitting in the car D. who sit in the car
15. The weather was cold. I wish it ______ warmer.
A. had been B. has been C. were D. was
16. Dickens ______ wrote a lot of interesting stories.
A. his is one of England’s best-known writers
B. as one of England’s best-known writers
C. besides one of England’s best-known writers
D. one of England’s best-known writers
II. Put the verb in brackets into the correct tense and form (2 marks)
Last night Mrs. Leidner (1. to go) to her room to rest as usual after we just (2. to finish) dinner. I (3. to settle) her on her bed with plenty of pillows and her book. I (4. to leave) the room when she (5. to call) me back.
‘Don’t go, nurse, there (6. to be) something I (7. to want) to say to you.’
I (8. to turn) round and she (9. to tell) me to shut the door. I (10. to do) it as I (11. to tell). She (12. to rise) up from the bed and (13. to begin) to walk up and down. I (14. can) see that she (15. to make) up her mind to something and I (16. not to like) to interrupt her.
III. Arrange the numbered sentences to make a complete dialogue (1.25 marks)
a. Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out tonight.
b. Tonight? You must be joking – it’s too cold. What about coming round to my place? We could watch TV or something?
c. Look, if you really want to go somewhere, you could come with me to the library.
d. Hi, Michael! How are things?
e. Oh, I think it’s half past eight or something. I’ll just get the paper and have a look. Just hang on for a minute.
f. Hi, Liz. Good, thanks. What’s new with you?
g. Well.. I was thinking of going to the school library to do a bit of study. What have you got in mind?
h. OK. Just joking. What time does it start?
i. I thought we could just go for a walk. May be down to that park near the beach.
k. Oh, come on.
l. Watch TV? That’s all you ever want to do! I want to go out somewhere. That new Jane Fonda film is on in town. How about that?
IV. Write the second sentence so that it means the same as the first (2.25 marks)
1. The last time I went to the theatre was three years ago.
2. ‘Who did you go to the cinema with?’ she said to me.
3. We are sorry we couldn’t come to your birthday party.
We are sorry not…
4. ‘I was born in 1983′ Mary said to Peter.
5. The milk was so hot that the boy couldn’t drink it.
The milk was…
6. He was very sad as he got a very bad mark in English.
7. You can’t expect everyone in the village to help you, can you?
8. There must be a good explanation for his absence.
9. People said she had passed the exam.
V. Read the text carefully and do the exercises below it (1 mark)
Everybody loves movies. We see them at theatres and we watch them on TV. They are popular with children and adults, too. We can learn from them or we can have a good time watching them.
We also call movies ‘motion pictures’. ‘Motion’ is a noun for ‘moving’. People tried to show motion in pictures for centuries. Even prehistoric artists showed animals running in theier cave pictures.
Near the end of the 19th century several Europeans and Americans tried to make movies. No one knows who made the first one. New York City had the first movie theatre in 1894. People put money in a small machine and looked into it at the movie. By 1900, movies were popular all over Europe and the United States. They were not very good, but people liked them because they were new and different.
Every year people invented ways to make movies better. They invented machines to show the pictures on a screen. Then everyone could see the motion pictures on the front wall of a theatre instead of inside a small machine. In 1927, inventors add sound to movies. Then they added color.
Today it costs several million dollars to make a movie. However, movie makers collect million dollars from people at movie theatres because everyone loves movies.
Write T if the sentence is true, and F if it is false.
a. Children like movies, but most adults do not.
b. We can learn from motion pictures.
c. Prehistoric artists showed motion in the cave paintings.
d. An American made the first movie.
e. Movies were popular in Europe at the end of the 19th century.
f. Movies are the same today as they were in 1920.
g. Inventors added sound and color to movies at the same time.
h. It is expensive to make movies.
VI. Fill each of the numbered blanks with a suitable word (1.5 marks)
The country is more beautiful than __1__ town and pleasanter to live __2__. Many people think __3__ and go to the country __4__ the summer holidays __5__ they cannot live __6__ all the year round. Some have a cottage __7__ in the village so that they can go there whenever they can __8__ the time.
English villages are not all alike, but __9__ some ways they are not very __10__ from each other. Most villages are so __11__ to some small town that people can go there to buy __12__ they can’t find in the village shops.
Để nhận kết quả thi vào lớp 10 năm 2014 sớm nhất
Bạn soạn tin: THI têntỉnh SBD gửi 8712
Ví dụ Bạn thi vào lớp 10 tại Hà nội, SBD là 041234
Soạn tin: THI hanoi 041234 gửi 8712
Bài cùng chuyên mục
- Trường THPT Khoa học giáo dục- ĐH Quốc Gia Hà Nội sử dụng bài thi đánh giá năng lực để tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT năm 2016
- Kế hoạch tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT tỉnh Bắc Ninh năm 2016
- Tuyển sinh lớp 10 THPT chuyên Lê Qúy Đôn và PTDT Mường Áng tỉnh Điện Biên năm 2016
- Đã có điểm thi vào lớp 10 TP Hà Nội năm 2014
- Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Văn tỉnh Đồng Tháp năm 2014