Đáp án đề thi lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh tỉnh Hưng Yên năm 2013
I/ (1,0 point) Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. Write the letter A, B, C or D on the answer sheet.
|1.||A. developed||B. watched||C. posted||D. walked|
|2.||A. appear||B. ready||C. heavy||D. health|
|3.||A. happy||B. fly||C. easy||D. noisy|
|4.||A. thunder||B. earthquake||C. gather||D. healthy|
|5.||A. soil||B. correspond||C. secret||D. island|
II/ (3,0 points) Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences. Write the letter A, B, C or D on the answer sheet.
1. She hasn’t ever been late for school, _____?
A. isn’t she B. has she C. hasn’t she D. is she
2. I want everybody to listen ______.
A. care B. careful C. careless D. carefully
3. ______ he didn’t know how to solve the problem, he asked her for help.
A. So B. Because C. Although D. However
4. Lan didn’t come to the party because she had to look ______ her younger brother.
A. at B. for C. forward D. after
5. She’s not only beautiful ______ intelligent.
A. but also B. but C. however D. yet
6. While I was working in the garden, my son ______ video games.
A. will play B. plays C. has played D. was playing
7. If I were a bird, I ______ be a dove. What about you?
A. can B. would C. shall D. may
8. I wish I ______ a famous writer.
A. am B. be C. were D. have been
9. The people ______ live next door to us are very friendly.
A. which where C. who D. whom
10. Last week, we went toHue, ______ is the ancient capital city ofViet Nam.
A. which B. that C. where D. when
11. Many people are interested ______ the products that save energy.
A. on B. in C. to D. for
12. Ba enjoys ______ strange stamps.
A. collect B. collecting C. to collect D. collected
13. Television has been very popular ______ 1950s.
A. since B. in C. for D. during
14. “Must I take my umbrella?” – “No, you ______. It’s not going to rain.”
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. have to D. don’t
15. Mary: “You look great in this new dress!” – Daisy: “______.”
A. With pleasure B. Not at all
C. I’m glad you like it D. Don’t say anything about it
III/ (1,5 points) Read the following passage then answer the questions. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
Although 80% of Australians live near cities, the cities are not as large as those in some other countries. Most people live in houses in suburbs – not in apartments. The suburbs usually have their own churches, schools and shopping centre. They also have recreational facilities. In large cities, likeSydney, the suburbs are often far from the town. Because many people commute to work, the traffic is slow and there are many traffic jams.
1. Where do most of Australians live?
2. How are the cities inAustralia?
3. Do most people live in houses in suburbs or in apartments?
4. IsSydneya large city?
5. Why are there many traffic jams?
IV/ (1,5 points) Choose the word that best fits the blank space in the following passage. Write the letter A, B, C or D on the answer sheet.
There have been concerns about health problem in the area recently as the factories were reported to cause pollution. To stay free from worries, we decided (1)______ a health check with the local doctor. We phoned to make an (2)______ and at 9 o’clock the next morning, the doctor welcomed us at the door (3)______ a lovely smile. After (4)______ all necessary forms, we were given different tests. All the tests were done very quickly with the help of modern (5)______. As she did the checks, the doctor said that a lot of people were worried about air pollution and came to her for health checks like us.
1. A. have B. to have C. having D. will have
2. A. arrange B. arranging C. arranged D. arrangement
3. A. with B. in C. about D. for
4. A. fill B. filled C. filling D. to fill
5. A. tools B. equipment C. work D. materials
V/ (1,5 points) Rearrange these words or phrases into meaningful sentences. The first one has been done for you as an example. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
Example: 0. is / name? / What / your
=> What is your name?
- learn / Where / English? / you / do
- since 2010. / have worked / in that factory / They
- he / a good job. / were happy / because / got / His parents
- a beautiful day / my friends / to go for a picnic. / It / was / so / and I / decided
- taken / charity / activities. / Tuan / has / part in / different
VI/ (1,5 points) Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
1. “Do you have many friends?” she said to me.
=> She asked me _______________________________________________.
2. The librarian arranges the books into sections.
=> The books __________________________________________________.
3. DoesNamspend most of his free time playing computer games?
=>Does it take _________________________________________________?
4. Work hard or you will fail the exams.
=> If you _____________________________________________________.
5. You can use it as long as you like, and it won’t wear out.
=> No matter ___________________________________________________.
———— THE END ————